Vegan Chocolate Mousse with Olive Oil
100 g dark chocolate (we used 80% cocoa vegan chocolate)
160 ml aquafaba (drained water from 450g can of chickpeas)
30 ml Colive oil (2 tbs)
1 tbs caster sugar
1 tsp orange zest
Pinch of sea salt
4 medium round oranges
1. Wash the oranges and cut their top off to empty out its fleshy content.You can use these tops to decorate your cups later.
2. Melt the chocolate by placing it in a bowl over a pot of boiling water.
3. Add sugar and salt to aquafaba and beat till the mixture is fluffy and stiff.
4. Once the chocolate has melted, mix in the orange zest and olive oil slowly and stir throughly to ensure they are fully combined.
5. Start slowly adding fluffy aquafaba mixture to the chocolate mixture, combine using a metal spoon and a folding movement. Be careful not to over mix as we would like it to preserve its airy texture.
6. Divide the mixture between 4 orange cups.
7. Refrigerate for about an hour before you enjoy.
Important note: If you are not planning to consume them in 24 hours, it might be a better idea to use Colive bowls for serving the mousse. Wiping the outside of orange cups with diluted apple cider vinegar would help them last longer.