Marrow with Onion and Eggs
2 tbsp Colive oil
1 medium onion
1 medium marrow (photo below)
1. Heat up 2 tbsp Colive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
2. Peel and dice the onion and add it it the pan.
3. Partially peel the marrow - just peel off stripes- dice and add to pan once the onions are slightly cooked (i.e. more transparent)
4. Saute everything in the pan till the diced marrow pieces are soft and a slightly different shade of green.
5. Crack 3 eggs into the pan, make sure you mix them well with marrow and onion.
6. Once the eggs are cooked, serve with warm bread and a few slices of halloumi.
Marrow is an important part of the Cypriot summer. It is usually added to fresh black eyed peas salad but it pairs really well with eggs and onion too for a simple, light yet satisfying meal. Great option for summer lunch and dinner times.
When are you hosting your next dinner party? Check these Colive recipes out to break the ice!