Cypriot Eggy Bread
3/4 cup grated halloumi
1/4 tsp dried mint
thick slices of bread( we used sourdough) -
Colive oil (to brush and drizzle)
sliced tomato (to top)
1. Preheat oven to 200c.
2. Mix dried mint with grated halloumi
3. Break one egg into the halloumi mint mix and mix well. It shouldn't be a liquidy mixture as halloumi ratio should be higher.
4. Lighlty brush bread slices with Colive oil.
5. Spread egg halloumi mint mixture on bread slices.
6. Place them in a baking tray and put in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes (you can just use the top element if you prefer) Watch them carefully as they might burn quickly.
7. Serve with a slice of tomato on top & drizzle with some Colive oil.
They would be perfect for breakfast and brunch and very easy to prepare.