Cheese and Vinegar Oven Fries
3/4 cup white or malt vinegar
2 cups water (or a bit more)
3 medium potatoes
3 tbsp Colive oil
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp sea salt
Pinch of black pepper to taste
2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese (or similar)
1. Wash and brush potatoes to make sure they are free of any soil and dirt as we won’t peel them.
2. Cut potatoes into 1 cm thick sticks.
3. Place them in a pan and add the vinegar . Add 2 cups of water or more to cover the potato sticks.
4. Close the lid and put them over medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, turn the heat off but leave the potato sticks in vinegary water for 10 more minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 220c.
7. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
8. Drain the potatoes and place them onto the oven tray.
9. Pour corn flour, olive oil, salt and pepper over the wedges and mix with your hands making sure all of them are covered.
10. Bake them for 45 minutes , don’t forget to turn them over half way through.
11. Sprinkle them with grated cheese of your preference and leave them in the heat of the oven for a few minutes so the cheese will soften and melt.
The best way to wrap up the weekend: a cold drink and a bowl of these tasty fries! Very easy and quick to put together. They have just the right amount of crisp; you won’t be believe that they are oven baked.
When are you hosting your next dinner party? Check these Colive recipes out to break the ice!