Baked Sweet Potato with Avocado Tahini Spread
2 medium sweet potatoes
3 tbsp Colive oil
3 tbsp tahini
1 garlic clove, minced
Pinch of cumin
4 garlic cloves minced
1/8 tsp sea salt (more if desired)
1/8 tsp black pepper (more if desired)
Seeds and fresh coriander to sprinkle (we used nigella seeds)
1. Preheat your oven to 200 C.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into 1” slices
3. Mix 2 tbsp olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper
4. Brush both sides of sweet potatoes with this mixture and place them on a parchment lined oven tray.
5. Bake them in the oven 20 to 30 minutes. Don’t forget to turn them over halfway.
6. Mash half an avocado and mix with 3 tbsp tahini and minced garlic clove. Add juice of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime to the mixture. Finally add a pinch of cumin, 1/8 tsp sea salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. If you fancy, you can add more.
7. Take sweet potatoes out of oven, put the spread on top. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and seeds as desired and enjoy!
Breakfast, lunch or dinner? You can have this vegan recipe anytime! Tahini, avocado and sweet potato compliments each other so nicely; a true taste explosion in your mouth.
Ultimate summer recipe: cool, chocolatey and crunchy. No baking, no butter. Full of Colive EVOO goodness.
Little flavourful parcels that will make you flex your cooking muscles but hey, they are so worth it!
This week we have a vegan Cypriot side dish from Colive’s Cypriot Mum Kitchen….
Upgrade your popcorn game with this simple recipe….
Vine leaves are in season so dolma /dolmades is taking its place on tables in Cyprus. There is a thousand ways of preparing this dish; here is Colive’s Cypriot Mum Kitchen version..
No butter, no problem. Use your Colive Oil to make this old classic and taste the difference…
A refreshing summery recipe …
A great sweet and salty pairing that deserves to be in your next wine platter .